Meet Etsy Seller The Petit Cadeau

Posted Wednesday, January 07, 2015


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop ThePetitCadeau

ThePetitCadeau has been selling on Etsy since May 2014, they run a 'Petit Mail' subscription where children receive a colourful letter each month, and also sell handmade canvas bags for special occasions. Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Tooth Fairy PouchPetit Mail (United States Subscription)Petit Mail Story Cards (Snail Mail for Children)Bright Birthday Countdown Calendar

What motivated you to start your shop?
I have been blogging about "thoughtful gifting" since 2011, and in 2013 I started making products - handmade gift bags and celebration countdown calendars that were part of my handmade, thoughtful gifting philosophy.
In 2014 I started Petit Mail - snail mail subscriptions, play mail and story cards for children, and I decided to open my shop to Etsy because I'm passionate about my products and I wanted to share them with as many people as possible!

What is the story behind your shop name?
The Petit Cadeau means "small gift" in French.  I believe in quality, handmade products and the thought and care behind those products, especially when giving a gift.  Small, thoughtful gestures are always the most meaningful!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I LOVE creating Petit Mail subscriptions - I created the concept for Oliver + Olivia and I write the stories and text for the letters each month.
Every Petit Mail letter is created by hand. I trim the cards and round the corners of each letter - I address each envelope with your child's name and address.  It truly is a labor of love!
Our neighborhood has community mailboxes (at the end of our street) so as soon as my daughter could walk, we would go on little adventures to the mailbox to check the mail. She is 3.5 years old, and loves to carry the mail, open the mail, and play with the bright colorful flyers (and sometimes the boxes that come for me). I decided that I wanted bright, fun mail for her to open so that she could experience the joy of receiving her very own mail. Every month brings something new, and I love coming up with stories for each month, and getting feedback from readers and customers on what adventure Oliver and Olivia should have next.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My products reflect the experience of thoughtful gifting. I believe in opportunities to engage with our children, however small they may be.  Petit Mail creates an opportunity to check the mail with our children, to read together, and to encourage pretend play and imagination afterwards.
My celebration countdown calendars are designed to bring delight and meaning to occasions worth celebrating (whether it be birthdays, family vacations, school achievements or other important milestones).  Heirloom countdown calendars can be use year after year and passed down through generations.  It's less about the little gifts that you enclose inside, and more about togetherness and creating a special family tradition year after year.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I have a full-time day job at a local non-profit, so when I'm not working at my creative business, I'm working there!  I'm also Mom to a 3.5 year old and another bambino coming this Summer.
I was formerly an avid runner, but I have moved to more gentle yoga in the past few years.  I love to create, to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and to have cozy gatherings with good friends!

ThePetitCadeau is offering a 10% discount on her Petit Mail subscription. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "SNAILMAIL" at checkout. 


Play Mail: Petit Mail SetFirst Birthday Gift BagHOORAY Celebration BagEaster Gift Bag
Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...