Meet Etsy Seller tinybrushstrokes

Posted Wednesday, October 29, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop tinybrushstrokes

tinybrushstrokes has been selling on Etsy since August 2010, they share collections of colourful, contemporary paintings to amuse little ones and their parents! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

1...2...3...PENGUINS - Original Painting - Wall Art, Nursery Artwork, Childrens Wall DecorPARTY TIME - Tiny Treat Bag - Small Cotton Drawstring Bag for collecting, storing, playing & gifting! Kids,Grandkids,Friends,BirthdaysPeekaboo Party Animal Celebration Card: lion in green & white striped party hat on aqua - kids birthday welcome baby bamboo cardAUTUMN Memory Game - Wooden Children's Matching Game, Celebrate Fall, Thanksgiving, October, Halloween

What motivated you to start your shop?
Like many artists here on Etsy, my shop is the result of an on-going  journey to find an outlet for rewarding, creative work that allows me to connect my artwork with kids, kids-in-training and kids at heart. My background in visual art, interior design, teaching and retail has played a big part in developing my creative business.
I love sketching for new paintings & designing artful products just for kids which I hope will inspire a love of art. With each painting, I get to share colourful, contemporary designs to amuse little ones and their parents!

What is the story behind your shop name?
When I paint, I use a lot of tiny paint brushes and my paintings are mostly created for little ones. Tiny Brushstrokes was actually the name of my blog originally and when it came time to refresh my business name – it just seemed like a natural fit!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The thing that continues to surprise me about my Etsy shop is the daily support by fellow shop owners and customers through likes, purchases and inclusion in treasuries. I also love the wide customer base Etsy provides – it is exciting to ship out orders to customers, from down the street to across the world!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
That is a tough one - I love each and every one of my products! But I do enjoy painting the peekaboo birthday cards – animals are one of my favourite things to paint and I enjoy adding the pops of colour to each one. And to know that most of the recipients of these cards end up popping them in a frame is awesome!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The thing I find most challenging about being an Etsy seller is the balance between creating the work, promoting the business and being active in the shop on a daily basis.
Also connecting with the customer is always on my mind - I aim to make my shop approachable in this online space and to connect with potential customers through photos and descriptions, as if I am speaking with them in person at a marketplace.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
My personal philosophy behind my products is to celebrate the painted image and inspire a love of art in little ones. To create a painting that will decorate the space where they rest, play and grow is so rewarding – especially when it is a custom order which is my specialty. I strive to create each individual painting and artful product with colour, creativity, thoughtfulness and skill.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I am not working, my weekdays are dedicated to our 3.5 year old son who loves to play with cars, build cities and play outside. We try to draw/colour together every day and I have inspired a little love of painting in him, albeit painting using cars instead of a brush! Weekends are a balance between family life and painting, with a little fun and Sunday pancakes thrown in there!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I am currently painting my way through an ongoing series of 100 objects that evoke memories of childhood. These paintings aren't geared towards children yet they are inspired by childhood & a sense of nostalgia geared towards those from "my generation" and others.  
I invite you to follow the project along with my blog http://100tinybrushstrokes.blogspot.com and check out the 100 tiny brushstrokes section of my shop to add a little childhood memory to your own art collection. These paintings are always conversation starters and bring smiles to people’s faces at the marketplaces I participate in.


Peekaboo Party Animal Celebration Card: bear in navy & white striped party hat on orange - kids birthday welcome baby bamboo cardPARTY ANIMAL PINS - Peekaboo Party Animal Pin Back Buttons for Birthdays - Kids Loot Bag, Fun Little Treats42. HOPSCOTCH from 100 tiny brushstrokes (the childhood memory project) - Original Paintingcustom order BIG SISTER - Tiny Treat Bag - Small Cotton Drawstring Bag for collecting, storing, playing & gifting! Kids,Grandkids.Birthdays
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...