Meet Etsy Seller KSMonkeysBoutique

Posted Wednesday, October 01, 2014


KSMonkeysBoutique has been selling on Etsy since March 2014, they sell beautiful handmade custom clothing and embroidery items! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Pretty Girls are the Happiest girls mega ruffle pants with embroidered shirt - can be personalized - leopard print with pink and greyHello I'm new here newborn embroidered shirt- Can be personalized with name - great for newborn pictures- You can choose colorsDr Suess Inspired Dress ONLYMy little Pony Swing Halter Top w/ purple capris outfit girls - Rainbow dash/Pinkie Pie/Twilight/Sparkle Custom Boutique Outfit Sizes 12m-12

What motivated you to start your shop?
I started sewing as a young girl, helping an elderly neighbor sew for babies in the hospital. From that time forward I was always sewing. After I had my first child in April of 2005 I wanted the cute boutique clothing for her but as a young couple we couldn't afford the high prices. I started making her cute outfits and then my family and friends started asking for me to make their girls dresses. I didn't officially open KSMonkeys until my 2nd daughter was born in 2007.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I originally names my shop Beautiful Baby Bugz, After I had my third daughter in 2009 I knew I wanted to rename the shop something after my girls. I have always called all of my girls my little monkeys and my older 3 first initials are K, S and M. So after playing with lots of names my husband said on day how about KSMonkeys. And so KSMonkeys was born!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
What surprised me the most is the amount of orders I get! My family has always said that is a nice hobby to have, but won't pay the bills! I love that I am now doing something I love and paying those bills!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
Oh jeez picking just one!! I think if I had to pick one it would be my set with the shirt "Happy Girls are the Prettiest Girls" I tell my girls this all the time!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
The most challenging thing about selling on Etsy is the amount of creativity that is out there. There are some days that I will just browse Etsy! There are a lot of creative and talented crafters out there!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I have always said If I won't put it on my girls then I won't put it on yours! I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I have been know to redo an outfit for the slightest imperfection.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I am not working I love playing with my girls, hanging out with my husband or jsut relaxing after a hard days work.

KSMonkeysBoutique is offering a 15% discount in her shop. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout. Valid until December 31st 2014.


Personalized Candy Corn Shirt, Custom Embroidered Name, Perfect for Halloween and the Fall SeasonPencil with large glasses personalized with name Back to school BTS shirt - Sizes 18m - 10Sugar Lump the Panda Cubbie - Personalization of your choiceSelfie Embroidered Shirt, Custom Embroidered Name, Perfect for your little one that loves taking selfies
Treasury Tool Powered By Toastie Studio - Etsy Tools

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...