Meet Etsy Seller kbpdesigns

Posted Wednesday, April 30, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Kbpdesigns

Kbpdesigns has been selling on Etsy since February 2008, they sell beautiful traditional clothing for boys (and girls) such as bow ties, suspenders, hats, jackets and more! Today they are going to give us a little peak behind the scenes of their Etsy shop.

Baby Boy Suit size 3 months to 36 months
$55.00
Infant baby Toddler Boy Bow Tie and Diaper cover Set  Pick you favoirte design size 0 to36 months
$30.00
Boys Necktie and Suspender sets Custom made newborn to 9 years. baby Boy Toddler Neckties
$29.00
Wish Suit  Baby Boy 5 piece Suit size 3 months to 36 months
$105.00

What motivated you to start your shop?
I wanted cute things to add to my son's wardrobe.  I was able to find tons and tons of girl things, but when I went looking for boy stuff it was nearly impossible to find hardly anything.  So I started making him neckties and vests to add to his wardrobe.  So I started my shop with this in mind and it has snowballed into creative fun accessories that were easy to take care of and that had personality.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I couldn't think of anything really creative so I went with simple and was unique to me.  KBP Designs stands for Kristina Bell Perry Designs.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I have attempted to sell my items at local craft fairs and boutiques and it usually ended up as a bust.  I was also hesitant on opening my shop up online for the same reason.  So you can imagine my surprise when I began to see the amount of interest in what I was making and selling.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
One of my most favorite items is my knickers outfit.  It was my first custom order for a customer who was looking for a specific outfit for her son to wear.  It was not something that I sold, but was willing to make for her and it turned out so cute and I also really enjoyed the process of making it.  So it was easy to make that outfit available to others who ended up looking through my shop.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I try to provide all the information needed for the customers to purchase item, but from there are times when I find it difficult to communicate with the buyer exactly what they are wanting to purchase.  Especially when it comes to custom orders.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Sewing is my favorite thing to do, and something I have done since I was very young. My favorite part is to make something that really stands out, something that is unique and wonderful. As a designer I take pride in creating things that are a cut above basic, something you will cherish.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Mostly when I am not working I am a mom. I carpool my kids all over the place from piano lessons, to art class, to swim and dance class.  I also have a green thumb with my garden.  And I also enjoy trying to also sneak in the occasional date with my hubby.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
Not only do I  make items for boys, but I also do make myself available for custom orders.  I can also create a memorable baby blessing outfits, father and son matching items, matching items for weddings, special birthday outfits or many other items.  I'm up for a challenge.

Kbpdesigns is offering a 20% discount in her shop on orders over $20. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout. Valid until May 31st 2014.

Baby Toddler  Boy Newsboy hat or Driver styled  Hat, you select style and hat
$20.00
Toddler Baby  Boy Bow tie, Driver Hat, Boxer and suspender  set custom Order your design
$65.00
Baby Infant  Boy's Outfit, size 0 to 18 months Vest, Bowtie, diaper cover, Driver styled hat.
$70.00
Girl and Boy Necktie Argyle pre-tied necktie 12 and 14 iches long ages 4 to 9 years old
$16.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...