Meet Etsy Seller WeildHairAccessories

Posted Wednesday, February 05, 2014


Today we would like to introduce you to

WeildHairAccessories has been selling on Etsy since August 2013, she sell handmade fun and colorful chunky necklaces for children and adults! Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Valentine's Day Red & Pink Chunky Necklace - Love - Cupid - Hearts - Holiday - Bubblegum Beads - Child - Photo prop, photography - WeildHairAccessories Confetti Dainty Pearls Necklace - Hot Pink, Aqua, Yellow - Bubblegum Beads - Child - Photo prop, photography - WeildHairAccessories Winter Accessories - Holiday - Snowflake - Frozen - Adult Fashion Chunky Necklace - Bubblegum Beads - Child - Photo prop - WeildHairAccessories Valentine's Day Red White Pink Dainty Pearls Necklace - Love - Cupid - Heart - Holiday - Bubblegum Beads - Child - Photo prop, photography - WeildHairAccessories

What is the story behind your shop name?
I had the hardest time coming up with my shop name.  I was trying to play off my first name, Jodi, and came up with things like Jodi's Bow-dis and Bow-dis by Jodi, but I quickly realized that wouldn't leave me any room for expanding my product line (and it sounded pretty cheesy).  I switched gears and came up with W(e)il'd Hair once I decided to use my last name, Weil.  When I first started selling, I was only making hair products, but I soon added chunky necklaces to my shop and it was easy to change my shop name to include my new accessory line.  Hence, W(e)il'd Hair & Accessories!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
The time it takes to market yourself and your business.  I have a creative side but not much of a background in marketing and business, unless you count that Introduction to Business class I took my freshman year of college almost 14 years ago!  I didn't realize that I would have to spend almost as much time marketing, networking and advertising every day as I do creating my product.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I enjoyed adding my current range of chunky necklaces to my etsy shop, those are always fun to make.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Standing out from the crowd.  There are a lot of other sellers who create chunky necklaces.  I make sure I post quality pictures and descriptive listings – I feel that this communicates to potential buyers that I take my craft seriously and stresses the quality and durability of my products.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want my customers to be happy and 100% satisfied with their purchase.  I want them to have a smile on their face and feel beautiful when they, their friend, or loved one wears their necklace.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working, I'm mom to a 4.5 year old girl and a 22 month old boy, as well as wife to my husband of almost 6 years.  I also like to go to the gym, read, and watch home decorating shows, food shows and other mindless television.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
You would think that my daughter, a girl who is up before the sun and wakes me up to ask if she can wear a leotard and tutu, would be a walking model for my products, but alas, she refuses to try on my items most of the time, so my handsome little son is my guinea pig.  He loves chunky necklaces!

Custom - Made to order - Rhinestone Mouse Head Chunky Necklace - Bubblegum Necklace - Dressy - Formal - Children's Jewelry - Photo prop - WeildHairAccessories Chunky Bubblegum Necklace - Hot Pink and Navy - Trendy - In the Navy - Photo prop - WeildHairAccessories Princess Inspired Child's Chunky Beaded Necklace - WeildHairAccessories Valentine's Day Red White Chunky Necklace - Love - Cupid - Hearts - Holiday - Bubblegum Beads - Child - Photo prop, photography - WeildHairAccessories

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...