Re-Purposed Spool Holiday Ornaments

Posted Monday, November 25, 2013



I do a lot of sewing these days and therefore I have a lot of empty thread spools. I've been saving them because I knew that eventually I would come up with a project for them.  After a little bit of surfing on the internet I found some great ideas.  I wanted to find a craft that my girls could participate in and with the holidays coming up I came across a great idea, holiday ornaments.  I found the tutorial on the Thirfty Fun blog and modified it slightly to adapt to what we have in our home and what my girls enjoy using to craft.


What you'll need:
  • left over gift wrap paper
  • empty thread spool
  • glue
  • pipe cleaners
  • scissors
  • small bell ornament
What you need to do:

  • Measure a piece of wrapping paper around the spool and cut paper wide enough and long enough to cover the body of the spool.Glue the paper strip to the spool.
  • If you would like to cover the top and bottom of the spool with paper as well you can do that by cutting 2 little circles and gluing them on. 
  • Thread the pipe cleaner into the bell and fold it in half.  Thread the pipe cleaner through the spool hole. Bend the 2 sides of the pipe cleaner into semi circles so they meet in the middle and twist to secure them together into a circle. 
Dorinda's shop, Raising Green Kids, offers eco-friendly products for your family. Follow her on Facebook and twitter and at her blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...