Meet Etsy Seller Buttonowlboutique

Posted Wednesday, November 27, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop Buttonowlboutique

Buttonowlboutique has been selling on Etsy since May 2013, she sell handmade unique and beautiful room decor and accessories for children. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Kids Rocket Cushion, boys room decor, rocketship, felt cushion, modern nursery, boys birthday gift, space themed - ButtonOwlBoutique Cherry Blossom Fairy Lights, night light, romantic lights, pink felt, festive lights - ButtonOwlBoutique Woodland nursery fox cushion, woodland decor, fox decor, kids cushion, handmade felt cushion, throw cushion - ButtonOwlBoutique Blue Sea turtle fairy lights -  sea turtle theme, turtle room decor, blue nursery - ButtonOwlBoutique

What motivated you to start your shop?

Button Owl was created after my search for unusual and unique products for my daughters rooms. I couldn't find anything I really loved and so designed and made my own, then realising that others were looking for these types of unique products.
I have absolutely fallen in love with working with felts as they are available in so many beautiful colours and allow me to create beautifully tactile products while still sticking to a designed shape. I combine all the attention to detail and techniques I have learned in the past, adding small details and embellishments to Button Owl products.

What is the story behind your shop name?
I spent many hours brainstorming for a relative name for my shop and eventually decided on Button Owl, as owls are usually perceived as a neutral (neither male or female) and wise creature. I thought button suggested something craft related and most importantly the name doesn't describe a particular product.
I thought this would allow me to expand product ranges in any direction I found most enjoyable!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I was surprised when I first set up about how hard it was to actually be found online. With alot of reading Etsy blogs and advice from others, I slowly learned about ways to make products more visible and think will always find it an ongoing learning process.
I was very pleasantly surprised at how many people contact me asking for custom orders and the fantastic ideas they have, which in turn help inspire me to make other exciting products.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love creating my large cushions as I just love the finished soft cuddly cushion and the felts are so soft and colourful. My Space Rocket cushion is one of my favourite items to create (although not the easiest to create at all) and also one I find myself making the most!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
My most challenging aspect at the moment is being able to find time to work and post my products and looking after my youngest daughter full time. It is however a good challenge which I love!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I love creating items which are completely designed from scratch and very individual and unique. I believe that each item should be created with the love and care that I would appreciate in something I buy.
I love the thought that my products are out there making children happy!

What do you do when you aren't working?
I have two very young daughters who are 2 and 4 years old, so I spend most of my day taking either taking them to and from school and classes or entertaining them! I try and fit working in after they go to bed so have turned into a creative night owl.

What makes the coming holiday season special for you?
I love Christmas with small children as it is all so magical and eagerly anticipated. I've always really enjoyed creating unique Christmas items for our home and now absolutely love the fact that my goodies are now making their way all over the world to help make Christmas magical for others too.

Buttonowlboutique is offering a 10% discount in her shop at the moment. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS10" at checkout. 

Counting Sheep Cot Mobile- Baby room decor, crib mobile, sheep decor, new baby gift, modern nursery - ButtonOwlBoutique Tractor Cushion- vehicle theme, tractor nursery, farmyard, old mcdonald, red tractor - ButtonOwlBoutique Farmyard Fairy Lights, boys room decor, girls room decor, tractor, vehicle theme, old mcdonald,farm animals - ButtonOwlBoutique Pink Rose Fairy Lights- new home gift, christening present, decorative fairy lights, pink felt - ButtonOwlBoutique

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...