Meet Etsy Seller We HIVE, Personalized Gifts & Fundraising

Posted Wednesday, October 16, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to

We HIVE has been selling on Etsy since January 2012, she sell personalized story books for kids. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Personalized Ballerina Princess Book, Ballet, Dance, Learn Ballet Steps, Ballet Lessons - wehive Nursery Rhymes - Personalized Kids Decor - Mother Goose - Made to Order - wehive Santa's Story - Made to Order - Personalized Children's Keepsake Story Book  - Learning Toy - wehive Kids, Baby Toddler, Personalized Baby Shower, Birth Announcement, Infant, Memory Book, Personalized, Made to order, Baby Book - wehive

What motivated you to start your shop?
Well, as many Mothers can relate I desperately wanted to be home with my family, and I understood that it would definitely be a financial sacrifice. I didn't know if it was possible but I wanted to try to make it work, so to help out financially I started We HIVE in 2007.

This is the reason I wanted to make personalized story books my business.
I have learned to love reading but it was not always that way. I struggled to learn when I was young. I didn't understand the connection between letters, sounds and words. After struggling for some time, I was given a book that someone, I can't remember who, thought would help me. (They will never understand what a gift they had given me.) The book title and story had my name in it. "Susan's Secret Garden". I will never forget it. It was explained to me that the story was about me and that it actually had my name printed in it. I was so excited. I knew what my name looked like in print and went through all the pages looking for it. The story was so much fun as I could imagine myself in the story. I had the book read to me over and over and over! Soon, I was looking through the book by myself after having heard it so often and memorizing most of it. After that I was starting to put things together myself as far as reading went. It took some time but finally I wanted to read and was excited about it rather than afraid. I am so grateful for that book. I still have it after 38 years and will treasure it forever!

I love how reading empowers children at every level.

What is the story behind your shop name?
Acronym: We HIVE = We (You and Me) Help Invest Volumes in Education

Second meaning: We HIVE = working together as a community. If we thought of the world as one home for all “HIVE” and we all worked together imagine what we could accomplish. That is the meaning behind my shop name.

I really wanted my business to be meaningful. Not just in a financial way for my own family but by helping children in as many ways as I can with literacy, financially, meaningful gifts, charities locally and abroad, schools, children’s programs and more.

When you buy a personalized story book or have a fundraising event through We HIVE you are not just giving your child a great gift or helping your own organization. I take a portion of what I earn every year and donate to a children's organization. So your purchase is helping others as well.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
I love all of my products but I have to say I have really enjoyed creating my “New Personalized Companion Journals”. You can now make a personalized journal out of any of the personalized story books covers. You can buy them alone or as a companion to the story book. My journals are personalized on the first page.

Eg. The Personalized Baby Book – A heart warming record of baby's birth. This heartfelt and popular book is special for both parents and children alike and makes a great Baby shower, Baptism, Christening, Christmas or personalized baby gift for any occasion.

Use the Personalized Companion Journal as a Pregnancy Diary before baby arrives so that you and your child will cherish those memories and create conversations for a lifetime or you may want to record baby’s first year. It is totally up to you.

Eg. My Tea Party - Planning a personalized tea party for friends requires hard work and aforethought. First she must decide who to invite and what to serve, then, what type of decorations are necessary. Setting up for the party, getting properly dressed and using proper manners are valuable lessons learned here.

Use the Personalized Companion Journal as a Recipe Book to store the baking recipes you and your child make together. You have your choice of lined or blank paper. 

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Getting the word out! Thank you EtsyKids for this opportunity.
My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-HIVE-Personalized-Gifts-Fundraising/358554087506297

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I guess what I want to do is help people in as many ways as I can so I think that trying my best to buy products from merchants that are giving back is important to me and that is what I would like to help my customers to do.
This quote comes to mind. “Fundraising is the gentle art of teaching the joy of giving.” -Hank Rosso


How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I would say they would describe me as passionate about my interests. I think they would also describe me as a quiet person, loyal friend and someone they can confide in and count on.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I try to enjoy nature as much as possible. Bundled up with a good book outside with some warm tea on a cool breezy day or just sitting and watching the birds and squirrels foraging for food or even watching a spider spinning its web is heaven for me. I used to sketch wildlife but I haven’t had time since we started our family. I'm hopeful that I will be able to reignite that passion in the future.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
Yes. Imagine your child growing up and reading a story about themselves to their own children. Your grandchildren! What a wonderful experience to look forward too.

I wanted to mention why personalized gifts are so important to me. It is really important for me to not contribute to the world’s waste problem through my business. Personalized gifts (from my shop or another) are a great way to help reduce that problem. I do understand that many people have meaningful items that are not personalized that they will keep and treasure. They have likely given a lot of thought to that purchase for themselves or for someone else, I have a few myself. My thought is that to often we make a quick run to the department store to make that last minute purchase because we are so busy. Meaningful items personalized or not are less likely to become part of the landfill. So I chose to make personalized items for that reason. They will use less energy throughout their lifetime and are less likely to be given away, recycled or simply thrown out and more likely to become a treasured keepsake.

Theme's include: Adventure, Baby, Birthday, Christian, Christmas, Counting and Rhyming, Sibling, Sports, and more.

We HIVE is offering a whooping 40% discount in her shop at the moment. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "CHRISTMASNOW40" at checkout. Valid until end of October 2013.

Personalized Fishing Adventure, Child or Adult Gag Gift, Personalized Keepsake Story Book, Made to order - wehive NEW JOURNAL Personalized Boys Album Scrapbook Notebook Diary Memory Book - wehive 6+ yrs Christian Children's Personalized Book, Communion, Baptism, Learn about God, God's Gifts, Age 6 and up - wehive NEW JOURNAL Personalized Child's Companion Journal Diary Note Book to the Personalized Story Book, Let Us Thank God, Prayer Journal - wehive

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...