Meet Etsy Seller eLeMeNOPkids

Posted Wednesday, October 09, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to
Etsy shop eLeMeNOPkids

eLeMeNOPkids has been selling on Etsy since May 2012, they specialize in all things KIDS! They hand paint wall letters for your child's room, and also make various educational and fun activities geared toward keeping your little one learning, and using their IMAGINATIONS through pretend play! Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

Personalized Letters from Santa - eLeMeNOPkids Wooden Rainbow Sorting Bowls-Montessori inspired - eLeMeNOPkids Hanging Wall Letters (5 letters). Handpainted and custom designed hanging wall letters for room or nursery - eLeMeNOPkids Felt Rainbow Popcorn Bag Set - eLeMeNOPkids

What motivated you to start your shop?
I was motivated to start my shop when I saw how many people loved my hand painted wall nursery letters. It expanded and grew over the past year into including more educational items for children, and I'm so grateful for the unending support I get from my customers.

What is the story behind your shop name?
Well, I was originally just painting nursery wall letters. And I knew I wanted my shop name to be something cute and "kid-y". And "LMNO-P" is kid-friendly and is all about letters, so I went with that. After a year I added the word "kids" to the end of my shop name so it could reflect what my business is all about.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
What surprises me the most is how many friends I've made online! I think I have more online friends that physical friends! I've really gotten to know a LOT of my customers, and I just can't believe the amount of support I receive--daily! It's incredible!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My favorite creations are my wooden toys. I am a Montessori-lover at heart and I love how my wooden toys encourage imaginative, yet educational invitations to play.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
It's hard to find time to add more products to my shop. I'm blessed to be busy, and I struggle with finding the balance between family and running the shop, but I'm very intentional of only working a certain number of hours a day. I don't want my little one to remember me just sitting behind my sewing machine or computer all the time.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I firmly believe play is the way children learn. It is fun for them and they can learn about themselves, the people around them, their environments, and build skills needed for the big world! Most of our toys are great for any child, and are even greater for those children who have autism, sensory problems, dyspraxia, and any other learning disability where they may need simple activities to keep them learning through play. I am inspired to create toys for those children who could benefit from having sensory toys that encourage open-ended play.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I think someone would describe me as fun-loving and creative. My husband would just call me a chatter-box.

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working, I'm spending time with my family. They are the reason I have the honor to run my own business. My little one loves having me home with him, and my husband is amazing to work so hard so that I can stay home and do something I love. If I'm lucky enough to get a few minutes of "alone" time, you will find me taking a hot bath, reading a book, or laying on the floor playing with my puppies.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I just want to thank anyone for supporting me these past 2 years. I'm eternally grateful for all of the friends I've made through my business.

eLeMeNOPkids is offering 15% discount on all orders over $15. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout. Valid until 14th October 2013.

Colored Light Bulb Pattern Set-Montessori Inspired Pattern Set - eLeMeNOPkids Hanging Wall Letters (6 letters). Handpainted and custom designed hanging wall letters for room or nursery - eLeMeNOPkids Wooden Sorting Buttons--Montessori Inspired--Sensory Activity - eLeMeNOPkids Princess Nameplate - eLeMeNOPkids

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...