Meet Etsy Seller CreativeCraftsByJen

Posted Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Today we would like to introduce you to

CreativeCraftsByJen has been selling on Etsy since August 2012, she sell hair clips, bows and accessories. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Tropical Dolphin Stacked Boutique Bow - Summer, Ocean, Beach, Layers, Pink, Green, Chevron, Blue, Purple, Aqua, Flower, Prop, Alligator Clip - CreativeCraftsByJen US Army Stacked Boutique Bow - Camo, Military, Support the Troops, Star, Loops, Prop, Child, Baby, Acessory - CreativeCraftsByJen Bubbly Minnie Mouse Stacked Boutique Bow - Yellow, Red, Black, Disney, Cream, Heart, Glitter, Costume, Hair Accessory, Alligator Clip - CreativeCraftsByJen Bow Commander Stacked Boutique Bow - Pink, White, Chevron, Pearl, Duck, Hair Bow, Double Prong Alligator Clip, Country Girl, Photo Prop - CreativeCraftsByJen

What motivated you to start your shop?
In the summer of 2012, I married my hero (my husband is in the Army) and we moved to Florida. So far from everything I've known! I wasn't back in school yet and my husband was gone at work during the day so I wanted something to do. I have always been the creative kid growing up and that hasn't changed! So after researching Etsy and looking around on the internet, I approached my husband about trying to start my own small business. I wanted to get my creativity out, do something that I enjoyed, and earn a little money. He fully supported me, we took a few trips to the craft store, and here I am today working hard to make it a success!

What is the story behind your shop name?
Creative Crafts By Jen, for one, comes from my name Jen. The "creative crafts" part goes to when I first started and wanted to also make wreaths and home décor. While that didn't really work out and today I sell "handmade hair accessories & more", the more covers whatever my mind may dabble into.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
Once I was getting started and learning new things, a few things surprised me. One being the online community of small business owners who are willing to help one another grow just as they would want someone to do for them. Another would be boutique modeling. I always thought all these shops just got amazing photos from customers to use. I never realized you could book models through listing sites to get your items photographed for advertisement. I loved it!

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
The thing I most enjoy making is any kind of hair accessory...bows, flowers, or headbands! I love the versatility of what I can do with different supplies to create a unique item!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
To me, the most challenging thing about being an Etsy seller is getting your products out there and portrayed in the best way possible to get the buyer to want to purchase from you over everyone else.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I offer handmade hair accessories & more. I want my customers to feel secure and satisfied in purchasing from a small business. Not only do I want to offer them quality handmade products, but I want to provide quality customer service. I want the customer to feel like they are talking to and ordering from a real person that cares about their satisfaction.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
In my husbands words...."Jen is a very caring, generous, and devoted person. When she's not crafting and spending time with her husband she devotes some of her free time to helping deliver furniture to formerly homeless veterans. I am glad to say she is my wife and is awesome."

What do you do when you aren't working?
When I am not working, I am taking care of the house, playing with our fur-baby, or relaxing with my husband. I am addicted to watching The Big Bang Theory. I like to get outside, especially since were currently stationed in Florida where its warm and sunny!

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
Mostly my items are ready to ship, but I am always open to custom orders! You can contact me and I will try and work with you to create your ideal item. If by chance it is something I cannot do, I will recommend you to someone who can!

CreativeCraftsByJen is offering a $5.00 discount on orders over $20.00. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "INTERVIEW5" at checkout. Valid until 25th November 2013.

Cupcake Stacked Boutique Bow - Pink, Purple, Blue, Green, Birthday, Cake Smash, Baby, First Birthday, Ribbon, Alligator Clip, Chevron - CreativeCraftsByJen Teal & Purple Barefoot Sandals and Matching Headband Set - Pearl, Rhinestone, Flowers, Hearts, Butterflies, Tulle, Handmade, FOE, Felt, Baby - CreativeCraftsByJen Jingle Bells Scrunchy Flower Clip - Christmas, Winter, Holiday, Red, White, Green, Blue, Snowman, Santa, Snow Globe, Photo Prop, Child, Baby - CreativeCraftsByJen Polka Dotted Pink Barefoot Sandals with Matching Headband - Sequin Bow, Baby, White, Blue, Silver, Prop, Infant, Child, Shabby Chiffon - CreativeCraftsByJen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...