Meet Etsy Seller Twinzz Shop

Posted Wednesday, August 14, 2013



Today we would like to introduce you to Kelly
and her Etsy shop Twinzzshop

Twinzzshop has been selling on Etsy since November 2009, she sells bodysuitz, teez and onesies for twins, triplets and siblings. Today they are sharing a little about their shop and selling handmade items.

Rainbow and clouds TWIN Bodysuit Set , Great Shower gift for TWINS or siblings - twinzzshop Dandelion Baby Onesie "Wishes, not weeds", baby shower gift - twinzzshop HO, HO, HO Tripzees (Holiday Onesies for Triplets) - twinzzshop TWIN "You are my SUNSHINE" & "My Only SUNSHINE" Onesies Set , Great Shower gift for Twins or siblings - twinzzshop

What motivated you to start your shop?
At my baby (well "babies" I had twins!) shower I was really disappointed cause I didn't receive anything twin related! While on bedrest right before having them I went online and found that many designs were really expensive or poorly designed or both! After having my twins and once they were home, even in the double stroller, people would stop me and ask if they were twins?! There is 2 infants, unless I stole one, yes they are twins! So I took some of my husband's old t-shirts and my 1st sets of twin onesies "pb & j", "milk & cookies", and "peas & carrots" were created.

What is the story behind your shop name?
In feb 2008, when my husband and I were shocked to find I was pregnant (after being told the previous November it wouldn't happen for us), we got another surprise during the ultra-sound when my doctor asked "do you see what I see?" We had no idea what we were looking at, I saw two "blobby things" and she replied, "well, there are definitely two"... "two? two what?" those 3 words changed my life as we welcomed our b/g TWINS that following August!
They inspired my shop of "TWIN ZZ"s tees for twins and because of our last name, they were the "Twin Z's" in the NICU for a month after their birth.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How much I love creating new designs. I used to be an art teacher before I had the twins, and it's a way for me to stay creative with drawing/designing new shirts etc.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My favorite design to make is the "mac & cheese" set cause it takes the least amount of time/sewing, but my favorite set is really the "rainbow" set cause my friend's twins created such an adorable photo.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Dealing with copycats. I have even had customers buy a twin set from me, photograph their twins wearing them and then start selling them in their shop! I also have several people that have very similar designs to some that I created years ago pop up recently, but I just keep plugging away making the most quality designs/products I can, and hopefully my brand will win out. they say flattery is highest compliment, but with business it feels more like theft. I think the hardest thing is trying to just ignore it and continue my success.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I use old t-shirts or pj's and recycle them by creating my appliqués, this way they don't end up in the trash/landfill. I handsew each one so they are "heirloom" quality. I want my onesies to not only help create a great photo memory celebrating twins/siblings, but I want the mom to want to hold on/keep my onesies too.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
A multi-tasking mom of mulitiples? ;)

What do you do when you aren't working?
Have fun exploring/growing with my twins.

Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
My goal is to reach 2500 sales this year.

Twinzzshop is offering 15% discount to our blog readers. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDS" at checkout.

Valentine's Day LO-VE Twin Onesies Set , Great gift for Twins or siblings, the ORIGINAL lo-ve twin set, - twinzzshop Pick a "Pair" Onesie/Bodysuit, Mac loves Cheese, Peanut Butter loves Jelly, Bacon loves Eggs and more, Take your PICK, CUSTOM ONESIE - twinzzshop Halloween Baby onesie, "Lil Monster" FRANKENSTEIN bodysuit, perfect for 1st Halloween photo prop - twinzzshop Cleveland Indians, Tribe Love, State of Ohio bodysuit with BASEBALL stitches and heart on cleveland, new father's day gift - twinzzshop

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...