Meet Etsy Seller MeysMadeCoolCrochet

Posted Wednesday, July 17, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Sarah Meys
and her Etsy shop MeysMadeCoolCrochet

MeysMadeCoolCrochet has been selling on Etsy since January 2013, she makes crochet hats and photography props all proudly handmade in New Zealand. Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

Custom Crochet Penguin Earflap Animal Hat for Newborn Baby, Infant Toddler, Child, or Cute Photo Prop by MEYS MADE for Cool Kids - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Crochet Hat Beanie - Newborn Baby - Toddler - Children - Cute Warm Kids Prop or Gift - Girls Flower Button - Custom Handmade - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Crochet Puppy Dog Earflap Hat for Unisex Baby or Child Photo Prop - Unique wooden button - Handmade to order in your colour choice - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Crochet Sock Monkey Beanie / Hat / Cap for Baby / Child / Photo Prop - Acrylic & unique wooden button - Custom Handmade - MeysMadeCoolCrochet

What motivated you to start your shop?
Our first daughter. She was born bald and it was a very cold winter so I taught myself to crochet pretty hats for her to keep her warm. These hats received many compliments when we were out and about, so I decided to take the plunge and start selling them.

What is the story behind your shop name?
Meys is the Dutch surname I received when I married my awesome husband. I hand make everything I sell so it made sense to stick with something basic like 'Meys Made'. I added the 'Cool Crochet' because that is my shop style. Modern, colourful creations for cool kids. Fun fact: Meys is pronounced the same way as 'maze'.

What is your favourite creations from your shop?
My favourite item to make is my Pukeko hat. The Pukeko is a native New Zealand bird so it's great to be able to make something that is unique to this wonderful place I live.

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Living in little old New Zealand. I feel so far away from the bulk of Etsy buyers. Etsy is still growing in popularity here. I am striving to get the word out about how amazing it is.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want to make sure that every kid looks cool and stays warm so strive to produce bright, fun products for kids of all ages.

What do you do when you aren't working?
I'm a stay at home mum of two beautiful daughters (2 years old and 3 months old) so I spend most of the day caring for them and work when they are in bed. On the rare occasion that I'm not holding a crochet hook or nappy bag then I play my flute or cornet as I live and breathe music.

MeysMadeCoolCrochet is offering 10% discount off any purchase. To use the coupon visit her etsy store and enter code "ETSYKIDSBLOG" at checkout. Valid until the end of July 2013.

Crochet Owl Earflap Beanie / Hat / Cap for Baby / Child / Photo Prop - Acrylic & unique wooden button - Custom Handmade - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Custom Crochet Easter Chick Earflap Animal Hat for Newborn Baby, Infant Toddler, Child or Cute Photo Prop by MEYS MADE for Cool Kids - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Crochet Puppy Dog Beanie Hat for Unisex Baby or Child Photo Prop - Unique wooden button - Handmade to order in your colour choice - MeysMadeCoolCrochet Crochet Pukeko Hat - Made to order - Kiwiana - Photo prop, gift, or unique accessory - MeysMadeCoolCrochet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...