Meet Etsy Seller Kadydid Designs

Posted Wednesday, March 06, 2013


Today we would like to introduce you to Alyssa
and her Etsy shop Kadydid Designs

Kadydid Designs has been selling on Etsy since April 2010, she specialize in making infant car seat covers, burp cloths & fashion tutus  Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.
What motivated you to start your shop?
I had just had my second baby and started making my own burp cloths for him just because he was SO messy.  Shortly after that, I made my own pattern for a car seat cover.  I had so much fun making my own things that I thought I'd give Etsy a shot!

What is the story behind your shop name?
My sister helps me with the shop, and when we were first considering opening it, we both were brainstorming name ideas for our shop.  We both had Kadydid Designs on our lists and decided that it must be right!

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
That people really will buy the stuff I make?  Even after so many sales, I still get a little surprised at our sales volume.  I love that so many people love handmade items!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I am always looking for ways to move my shop to the next "level".  I think that's good, but sometimes I over analyze things and look too hard or too critically at what I'm doing.  And...I still get really nervous when people buy my stuff.  I'm always afraid my products aren't going to be "good enough".  I need to learn to have more confidence in myself!

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
Just to make things that I love.  If I love them, somebody else will love them too.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Taking care of my three children (5, 3 and 4 months), helping my husband with his business, friends, church, exercise and pretending to keep my house clean.  :)

Kadydid Designs is offering 20% discount to our blog reader. To use the coupon, visit her etsy store and enter code 'BABY20' at checkout. The voucher is valid until March 23rd 2013.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...