Meet Etsy Seller CreativiDeeWorkshop

Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012

Today we would like to introduce you to Denise
and her Etsy shop CreativiDeeWorkshop

CreativiDee Workshop has been selling on Etsy since November 2010, she sells a beautiful range of handmade bibs, burp cloths, pillowcase dresses and more! Today she is sharing a little about her shop and selling handmade items.

$12.50

$5.00

$12.50

$12.50

What motivated you to start your shop? 

The CreativiDee Workshop began after a friend introduced me to Etsy and all of the wonderful items! I spent hours looking at so many incredible things and adding to my wishlist. During my shopping, I stumbled upon a few shops that offered digital items and something clicked knowing that this could be the perfect place to provide similar items.
In addition to having a degree in architecture, I've been designing other things for many years prior - parties, cards, weddings, holidays, etc. My children were getting older and since the economy wasn't doing so great in the profession of architecture, I found myself researching more and more.
After LOTS of discussion and encouragement from friends and family, I opened shop on Etsy and still continue to do research! It's such a wonderful fit for someone who can still work from home, be a mom and wife and also still be able to share their creations with others. It's taking me a bit longer than anticipated to figure out exactly where I want the shop to go and what I want to create, but I'm enjoying it and feel very blessed that I can use my talents in such a wonderful platform.

What is the story behind your shop name?
My nickname has always been "Dee," and while playing around with shop names, this one just seemed to work. It originally happened as just a happy accident - my daughter was asking to spell "creativity" one night and replaced the "t" with a "d." It first clicked with my husband, then me and then just stuck. I wanted something where I wouldn't be limited in what I created and the addition of 'workshop' fit that bill.

What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How many wonderful people you can connect with and how many incredible places your items can be sent to! I would have never imagined things that I created would be shipped to Australia, Spain or even Seattle. It's so much fun!

What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
Trying to find a balance between creating, maintaining, updating, business things and marketing. There's always so much to learn and do and plan. Whew! I'm still figuring these things out, but I figure that it's all just part of the journey and I will get there.

What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I always try to create items that are flexible, easy to use, original, fun and on trend with other items so it's easy to coordinate and add to. I like having a variety of items in different categories, so I'm not always creating the same thing. Many of the items in the shop are things that I've already used on a personal basis for my own family or friends.

How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I'm a perfectionist, easy-going, determined and always trying to improve. We teach our children the philosophy of "always do your best" here, so I believe in living by example.

What do you do when you aren't working?
Reading. Planning. Decorating. Playing with my kids. Cleaning the house or doing laundry!!

CreativDee Worskshop is offering a 30% discount Holiday sale! To use the coupon, visit her etsy store and enter code 'Holiday2012CWS' at checkout. The voucher is valid from November 15th till November 22nd 2012.

$12.50

$5.00

$29.00

$29.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...