Introducing Little Woodlanders

Posted Thursday, October 11, 2012



Today We Introduce You To Rachel from Little Woodlanders

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
I had learned about the Waldorf ideas of play and the beautiful open ended toys made of all natural materials. I really wanted to have as many of my childrens’ toys as possible to be natural and open-ended, so bought myself some tools and started making some for them! When other people saw what I had made, they encouraged me to open an Etsy shop, so I did!

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
All my products are made of wood, so I wanted a shop name to reflect that. A friend came up with the name Little Woodlanders and I immediately knew it was perfect!

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
My favorite non-child related Etsy shop is Irena Sophia. She does beautiful watercolor illustrations. http://www.etsy.com/shop/IrenaSophia

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I think what surprised me most was how addictive and all consuming it can be! I go to bed thinking of ideas, wake up thinking of ideas, it's endless! I can really only work on the weekends when my husband is home to look after our children, so all week while I'm with them I'm storing up ideas to work on when I get a chance!

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
I think the most challenging things are trying to juggle being a stay at home, homeschooling mom, and getting all the orders plus my new ideas made. I'm always wishing I had about 5 of me! One could be with the kids, one could work on the current orders, one could work on the new ideas, one to do advertising and marketing, and one to do packaging and shipping!

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I want to put beautiful, open ended toys made of all natural materials into the hands of children around the world. I love seeing children use their imaginations with a toy that doesn't have just one purpose, but can be used to be anything the child imagines it could be.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
I think others would describe me as outgoing, adventurous and determined.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
I usually listen to classical music, no on in particular, just whatever's on the classical radio station! It's soothing, relaxing and inspiring.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
When I'm not working, I'm with my children, doing things like science experiments, art, and going for nature walks outside. Lately, we love identifying leaves, trees, flowers and berries. I'm becoming obsessed with wood and trees due to my wood working! I also like cooking Indian and South American food, and baking,

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
I'm really having a great time on Etsy. It's so thrilling to see something that starts as an idea in my head come to life as an actual wooden toy, and then have someone else love and appreciate it so much that they buy it for their own child! It's really satisfying!

Also, if anyone would like to follow me on social media, I'd love to have you as a follower!
Facebook: www.facebook.com/LittleWoodlanders
Blog: www.littlewoodlanders.com
Twitter: LWoodlanders


$25.00

$18.00

$14.00

$15.00

$20.00

$7.00

$25.00

$7.00

***A quick note to let you know that after 51 "introductions" this will be my last interview here on the EtsyKids Team blog. It has truly been a pleasure getting to "know" all of those I have had the opportunity to work with and introduce your wonderful shops.

My best to all,
~Lilikins

(you can find me here)
LilikinsBaby
LilikinsHome
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lililikins.Baby.Blankets.and.Quilts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...