Introducing Hound Dog Designs

Posted Thursday, July 05, 2012



Today We Introduce You to Jennifer from Hound Dog Designs

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
My oldest daughter is a huge animal lover and I couldn't find simple onesies and shirts for girls with animal designs. Plus as a stay at home mom, I needed a creative outlet!

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
Hound Dog Designs is named after my hound/lab mix rescue dog, Flanagan. He is my first baby, and both my girls just adore him.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
Willow Tree Minerals http://www.etsy.com/shop/WillowTreeMinerals Their makeup is all natural and fantastic!

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
How much I would learn about the business aspect of having an online shop, then selling my items in local children's boutiques. I come from a science background, and have had to teach myself some basic business and accounting skills.

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
There are a ton of shops selling similar applique onesies and t-shirts, it's hard to make sure my items stand out in the crowd. I hand embroider all my appliques, which sets me apart from the majority.

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I like simple designs for children's clothes, and I love creating unique custom items for customers. I hope to make any little girl or boy happy when they see their favorite animal on a shirt, or a custom birthday outfit.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
My husband would say I am a perfectionist, I will rip out a whole row of stitches if they are not straight! I hope my daughters and friends think I am fun.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
I usually listen to 102.5 FM in Columbus, OH, a nice mix of old and new alternative rock or the Weezer station on Pandora.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
I have two girls, 5 years and 1 year old, a dog, and a husband, they keep me very busy! I love lazy family weekends, watching the Cleveland Indians, The Ohio State Buckeyes, and visiting the Columbus Zoo.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
Before I had children I was a Geologist, working in construction and mining Geology. I love the natural world, and am having fun teaching my girls about science and nature.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cute designs! Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...