Introducing Tizzy Dee

Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012


Today We Introduce You To Courtney of TizzyDee

Q: What motivated you to start your shop?
Three years ago my sister bought me a "teach-yourself-to-crochet" book for my birthday. I got a little addicted/obsessed and after multiple requests from friends, I opened my Etsy shop.

Q: What is the story behind your shop name?
The shop is named after my daughter, Tizita Desta. Tizzy Dee is what we used to call her before she joined our family from Ethiopia.

Q: Do you have a favorite Etsy Shop (non-child related)?
I love Paint4Ethiopia. My friend Gina does amazing work with a portion of her proceeds going back into Ethiopia.

Q: What surprised you most about having your own craft / online shop?
I'm always surprised when I get international orders. It's amazing that people all over the world find my little shop and like my creations enough to purchase one!

Q: What do you find most challenging about being an Etsy seller?
It is hard for me to find the time to make all the ideas I have in my head actually come to life.

Q: What's your personal philosophy behind your shop / products?
I try to create everything from my own patterns. I also try to create products that I enjoy making so my customers can see my love and care coming through each item. Almost all my items are custom-created after the order is placed, so each item can be customized by size and color, which makes each item fun and unique for each customer.

Q: How would someone (other then you) describe you?
Outgoing, expressive, fun.

Q: What music do you have on while you are creating?
I usually watch Netflix on my computer. I've burned through all seven seasons of Melrose Place, various wedding and cooking shows, and just started The United States of Tara.

Q: What do you do when you aren't working?
Play with my daughter, hang out with my husband and my family.

Q: Anything else you'd like to tell us or share?
We are an adoptive family and the sales from my shop have significantly helped us with the costs involved in our second adoption. I don't promote my shop as a fundraiser or say that a percentage of my sales are going towards our adoption, but it has been an amazing help! I want people to know that when they purchase from my shop, their money will be well spent. :)


4 comments:

Karen said...

So nice to get to know you in this lovely interview! Your crocheted works are just adorable!

BJ_Mama said...

LOVE ME some TiZZY DEE!!! Awesome Feature!



....please turn off your word verification, I had to enter this comment 3 times before it would publish. Thank you!

Mad J said...

"Tizzy Dee" is a great place to shop especially for the family that likes personal gifts. The cause the proceeds go to is also very worthy.

gi said...

courtney, your work is so beautiful and my girls have received countless compliments every time they wear your creations! thanks for the shout out too!!! you are too sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...