Spring Cleaning

Posted Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This is my first time posting here on the EtsyKids blog :)
My name is Liz, and I am a lucky mama with 4 great kids. I have 2 boys & 2 girls.


I was thinking that since Spring is finally here, I would do a post about spring cleaning. I have been doing a little bit everyday . It is a big job, but I am enjoying it! It is so nice to be able to open the windows and let some fresh air in after being cooped up all winter long. We have had such gorgeous sunny and warm days here in Maryland lately.

As I clean I keep thinking about what kinds of things really help out and cut my cleaning time down. With 4 kids and a move coming up I need all the help I can get! I try to use natural cleaners whenever possible. Here are a few things that I have found really work well. I hope that this helps you too and if you have any tips please post and share!

1. To clean out your microwave (mine gets so gross, it is not even funny) I put about 1/2 cup of white vinegar and about 1/2 cup of water into a glass bowl and put it inside the microwave and turn it on for about 2 minutes. Then you can take the bowl out (carefully! It is really hot) and just wipe out the yuck! I leave the door open for a little while so the vinegar smell can dissipate :)

2. To clean all the grease off of the hood of my stove (OMG I just discovered this yesterday!!) A  Magic Eraser (The Mr. Clean one) WORKS MIRACLES!! Oh my goodness, with a little bit of scrubbing that yucky grease came right off. Also works great on the stove top!

3. Laundry Stains are a pain, but if it is an organic stain, I swear by Bac Out from Bi-O-Kleen. It uses enzymes to naturally remove stains. I use it on my sons cloth diapers too and it works so well :)

4. Homemade natural cleaners are awesome, inexpensive any my favorite part is you can make them smell like whatever you want! Here is a neat website with all kinds of cleaning "recipes" 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Please be sure and share your tips in the comments!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...