Kids in the Kitchen - Delicious Autumn Goodness!

Posted Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ode to Autumn! My FAVORITE season usually has me in the kitchen a little more -- maybe it's the fact that it's a tad chillier outside and the smells of deliciousness wafting from the kitchen tend to linger, leaving the house cozy and smelling like a dream....

Anyway, this is by far the most requested Fall recipe from my kitchen, so I thought it would be appropriate to share it here too! I don't know about you, but considering the brisk weather and gorgeous assortment of foliage starting to appear, I am experiencing a sudden urge to make the house smell delicious and, most importantly of course, enjoy a yummy pumpkin muffin! My kids LOVE helping me make (and eat) these scrumptious treats!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients:

One 29 oz. can of Libby's Pumpkin
1-2 cups of sugar (depending on how sweet you like your muffins...I usually opt for about 1 and 1/2 cups just because pumpkin can be bitter)
2 slightly beaten eggs
2/3 cup of butter (approx. 9-10 TB)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups of flour
1/2 bag of milk chocolate chips

Mix the pumpkin, sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs together until smoothly blended. Then in a separate bowl, gently mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon an salt together. Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Once blended evenly, add the chocolate chips. Fill greased muffins tins or cupcake wrappers 2/3 full and then bake for 20-23 minutes.

I usually stick the muffins with a toothpick to make sure they are completely done; pumpkin tends to be dense and sometimes they can be "doughy" in the center. I like the muffins done, but moist.

Let them cool completely then top with drippy icing (recipe below)...or leave them plain - they are plenty good just by themselves!

Drippy Icing:
1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
2-4 TB of milk (depending how thick you like it)
A few drops of lemon juice

The more sugar you add the thicker the icing is. Let the icing set. ENJOY! These are FOOL PROOF!! And absolutely delicious! Super easy recipe too...good thing, because they don't stay in the house for long!!!

1 comment:

Miss Carlen ::LT:: said...

I made these with my son last night and they are yummy!!! Made mini muffins for his school snack. Thanks so much for sharing =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...