1) What is your shop name? Penelope & Buster
2) What is your name?
Penelope & Buster consists of the talented trio of three women named Jennifer, Cindie and Kathy.
3) How did you first get started in your craft?
Penelope & Buster came about when we realized that there was a lack of clothing which provided children with distinctive qualities and fun character. We had many great ideas which were just thrown around for quite some time and one day decided to turn those ideas into product. Hence, Penelope & Buster was born!
4) What inspires you?
We are inspired our family, our friends, our fellow artisans and the wondrous beauty in our world!
5) What are your favorite color combinations?
We love lime green & pinks together as well as charcoal grey & teal! Beautiful!
6) If you have children, do they craft with you? What do they do?
Jennifer has two boys ages 2 and 8. Her 8 year old actually designs the images for some of the Penelope & Buster holiday shirts. He loves participating in this part of the business as it allows him to see his creations come to life. As for her youngest, he enjoys finger painting for now and creating little canvas prints for the walls in their home.
Cindie has three adult children, 2 boys and 1 girl. Her sons njoyed doing arts and crafts when they were younger however now they leave those tasks to their wives and children. As for her daughter, she did craft when she was younger and continues on to this day being co-owner of Penelope & Buster!
Kathy has one adult son who is married to the crafter above (Jennifer). He is the brains behind the website as he is the one who has designed for Penelope & Buster and continues to make changes and updates weekly. He is a blessing to us with all his help!
7) Did you craft as a child? If so, what were your favorite crafting activities?
Jennifer: Absolutely! I loved making pottery, making rug latch hook designs for friends and once in awhile doing some needlepoint with my mama!
Cindie: As a child, I remember learning how to crochet with my grandmother. I learned to knit at an early age and took Art and Pottery classes for years. My love of crafting has continued on throughout the years!
Kathy: Indeed -- she used to make all of her own doll clothing! She learned to sew at an early age and it continues on through her adult life!
8) What is your favorite time of day to work?
The evening hours as best for Cindie and Jennifer. Kathy enjoys working best early in the morning!
9) What is your favorite item from your shop?
Currently, our favorite item in our shop is our Pretty Polly dress with coordinating bloomers! This dress looks amazing on all the little girls we've seen it on so far! It has been our top seller so far as well!
10) Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.) - You can visit us at our Etsy shop at penelopeandbuster.etsy.com or via our website at http://www.penelopeandbuster.com/. We hope you will come by and check us out! Happy Shopping!
- Your friends at Penelope and Buster